Grand Foods Distribution LLC
Updated: February 10, 2021
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Like most websites, we use automatic data collection technology when you visit the Site to record information that identifies your computer, to track your use of our Site, and to collect certain basic information about you and your surfing habits. This information includes information about your operating system, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of a website you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Site and the Services (the “Usage Information”). We collect this Usage Information by using cookies and pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs). Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of website users. You can reject cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet provider’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still visit the Site, but may not be able to use some areas of the Site and/or the Services.
As part of the Usage Information, we also collect data regarding the device you’re using on the Site, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. This information enables us to troubleshoot in the event that aspects of the Site break or malfunction. Whether we decide to collect this information, if any, often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. To learn more about the information your device makes available to us, please read the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider. We do not collect Personal Information in this way, but if you’ve provided us with Personal Information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically. Automatic data collection may be performed on our behalf by our services providers.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
• To identify you when you sign into your account;
• To respond to your requests and to provide you with the Services;
• To process payments for purchases through the Site;
• To respond to your inquiries and comments, as well as to contact you about changes to the Site and/or the Services;
• To notify you about technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and other administrative notifications.
• To send you notices (for example, in the form of emails, mailings, and the like) regarding products or services you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes;
• To send you information we think you may find useful or that you have requested from us;
• To enhance and improve the Site or the Service, such as through personalized features and content;
• To allow you to share use of the Service through third-party social media platforms;
• To analyze the use of the Site and the Service and the people visiting to improve our content and Site and the Service;
• To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, or as otherwise required by law;
• To perform accounting and administrative tasks;
• For any other purposes disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent; and
Grand Foods reserves the right to retain and use any photograph, audio, video, or other media submitted by you on the site. We also reserve the right to use your feedback and reviews published on the Site. Our use of such material is consistent with the restrictions on disclosure of Personal Information. We further reserve to right to monitor, edit, and/or restrict any messages, photographs, or media that are posted on the Site, if any.
3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, hosting services, and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function, which may include Personal Information.
We may disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information to government authorities and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities, at our discretion, or otherwise as required by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders and subpoenas. We may also disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information when we have reason to believe that someone is or may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of this Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
4. REGISTRATION, ACCOUNT SET UP, AND BUYING PRODUCTS:
In order to use the Services, you may need to provide us with Personal Information. You may review, change, or remove the Personal Information from your account settings, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You need to provide this information to enable us to provide you with the Services provided by the Site. Grand Foods may contact you confidentially in the event we may need additional information from you in order for us to provide a particular service such as processing requested purchases or setting up your Account on the Site.
5. EDIT/REVIEW/ACCESSIBILITY AND DEACTIVATION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
6. EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
We recognize and will comply with certain data protection laws in accordance with the European Union’s General Data Production Regulation (“GDPR”). Users who are located in the EU have the following rights, including:
• Right of Access. You have the right to request from Grand Foods, a “data controller” as defined under the GDPR, the Personal Information we gather about you including information about the sharing, storage, security, and processing of that information. You further have the right to transmit this information to another third party.
• Right of Correction. You may have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in certain of your personal data in our custody and control, subject to certain limitations as provided by law. You may request to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in personal data we have in our custody or control by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity in order to request certain information records.
• Right of Erasure. You have the right to request that your personal information be erased from our possession (subject to certain limitations under the applicable law). If we are required to comply with your request, upon deletion of your information you may be prevented from using our Services on the website.
• Right to Object and Complain. Subject to limitations as provided in the GDPR, you have the right to object to how and why your Personal Information is used and processed. You further have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory about our handling of your personal information.
• Right to Restrict Processing. Subject to limitations as provided in the GDPR, you have the right to request restriction of how and why your Personal Information is used and processed. If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
7. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
• Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers;
• Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law;
• Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
• Biometric information;
• Internet or other electronic network activity information including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement;
• Geolocation data;
• Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
• Professional or employment-related information;
• Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information (PII) as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99); and
• Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Consumers’ CCPA Rights
You may request access to the personal information that we have collected and maintained about you (along with information regarding its use and disclosure) over the past twelve (12) months upon appropriate verification. You may make such requests no more than twice (2) per every twelve (12) months.
You have the right to request us to delete personal information collected and maintained about you, subject to certain exceptions. Once your request is verified and we have determined that we are required to delete that information in accordance with applicable law, we will delete your personal information accordingly. Your request to delete your personal information may be denied if it is necessary for us to retain your information under one or more of the exceptions listed in the CCPA. Please note that a record of your deletion request may be kept in order for us to comply with our legal obligations.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a request to us by either:
• Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that Consumers have a right not to be subjected to discriminatory treatment for the exercise of their rights under the CCPA.
Verifying Your Request
Only you, or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information under CCPA. In the case of access to and deletion of personal information, we must be able to verify your request before we can fulfill such request. This will require you to provide sufficient information for us to reasonably verify that you are either the person about whom we collected personal information or a person authorized to act on your behalf.
Please note that we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if such request is excessive, repetitive, or inherently unfounded.
8. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
9. YOUR CHOICES
If you wish to stop receiving promotional emails, you may do so by emailing email@example.com. You may also choose to unsubscribe from our emails by following the instructions in the bottom of the email. You may also object to the use of your Personal Information or limit the way that the information is utilized. Please note that while you have the right to object to the use and/or the degree of how your information is used, that request may severely limit the Service that is provided by this Site.
11. IMPORTANT NOTICE TO USERS OUTSIDE THE U.S.
13. DISPUTE RESOLUTIONS/COMPLAINTS
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
Grand Foods Distribution LLC, 37 N Orange Avenue, Suite 333, Orlando, FL 32801.