How to make Medjool Date Bars | Bohemian Dates
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter
• 1/4 cup light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 2 cups old fashioned (rolled) oats
• 1 cup whole grain oat cereal (such as Cheerios®)
• 1/2 cup Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil or parchment paper pressing firmly into the corners.
- Stir together honey and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Stir together oats, cereal and dates in a large bowl. Stir in butter mixture until cereal is thoroughly coated. Press firmly into prepared baking dish.
- Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes or until set. Remove from pan and by lifting foil or parchment; cut into bars.